Sergey Biryukov Marks a Historic Moment, Finishing a Personal Best at IRONMAN Switzerland

Alex VarshavskyAlex Varshavsky, CEO, Talksum

Talksum Cofounder and President Sergey Biryukov hit another milestone Sunday as he battled hills, slopes, winds, and other tough conditions to cross the IRONMAN Switzerland finish line.

At Talksum, we rank him high up there with this year’s elite men’s titleholder Ronnie Schildknecht, from Switzerland, who claimed a stunning eighth victory.
Congratulations Sergey!

For those who don’t follow the IRONMAN triathlon, it is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) and consists of a 2.4-mile (3.9 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bicycle ride, and a marathon 26.2-mile (42.2 km) run, raced in that order and without a break.

The IRONMAN is widely considered one of the most difficult one-day sporting events in the world. Most IRONMAN events have a strict time limit of 17 hours to complete the race. The race typically starts at 7 am with a mandatory swim cut-off for the 2.4-mile (3.9 km) swim at 9:20 am (2 hr, 20 min). The mandatory bike cut-off time is 5:30 pm (8 hr, 10 min), and the mandatory marathon cut off is midnight (6 hr 30 min). Any participant who manages to complete the triathlon within those time windows becomes an IRONMAN.

IRONMAN Switzerland is one of the oldest and toughest, yet most beautiful IRONMAN events in the world. More than 2,000 athletes from over 70 countries embarked on their exhausting 226 km journey over the weekend, cheered on by more than 100,000 spectators.

Many of the athletes didn’t make it to the finish line. Sergey did!

sergey_600

IRONMAN Sergey Biryukov at the finish line.

 

Solving Two of the Biggest Challenges of IoT: Data Lag and the Interoperability of Things

Barry Strauss, Talksum Head of MarketingBarry Strauss, Head of Marketing, Talksum

Processing large volumes of disparate data coming in at high speeds (aka Big Data) not only requires vast computing resources, it also takes a long time. The delay in time from when the data is received to when it turns into actionable insights causes financial losses, which can include costly infrastructure, down time, operational inefficiencies, disaster recovery costs, policy violations, security violations, costs of standardization, and lost opportunities, among others.

What is the source of the problem? Existing solutions first store the data, then make sense out of it when needed. By doing this, 80 percent of an analytics project typically involves data preparation for analysis when it is needed, leaving only 20 percent for actually performing the analysis. Data preparation includes items such as indexing, mapping, data reducing, organizing, and cleaning.

data_information_decision

Traditional approaches try to solve this by making storage bigger and faster (improving traditional databases and building new storage solutions such as Hadoop, in-memory, and others), and building better analytics on top of it. But this comes with complexity and implementation expenses, as well as scalability and stability concerns.

Enter the Talksum solution, which takes the approach of first understanding the data and acting upon it in real time before storing. The hardware-based solution allows enterprises to apply business logic early in the process before data is stored; optimizing what needs to be acted upon in real time and what needs to be routed to respective downstream sources.

This approach also allows enterprises to efficiently manage, distribute, and track real-time Internet of Things (IoT) data. The Talksum solution provides the “Interoperability of Things” for the Internet of Things. Talksum products – the Talksum Data Stream Router™ (TDSR™) and the Embedded TDSR (eTDSR™) – connect data sources coming from multiple systems in different schemas, protocols, and formats. The solution can also extract, transfer, and asynchronously load data to different storage systems, providing interoperability to the systems that would otherwise live in silos.

iot_tdsr_solution

 

The TDSR/eTDSR solution works at both remote sites (IoT, Smart Cities) and at the data center. Each can be independent of the other or can work together.

At remote locations, the eTDSR collects any type of sensor data, filters it, determines critical events, and contextually routes the relevant data to the appropriate services, including the data center.

At the data center, the TDSR retrieves data from the eTDSR and other sources for consumption by respective applications and data storage systems. It forwards relevant information back to the remote sites, to data centers, and to multiple domains, as applicable.

If you are interested in more information about the Talksum IoT solution and how it can help your organization, fill out our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

 

Click here for more information about Talksum products.