Barry Strauss, Head of Marketing, Talksum
Recently, Anmol Rajpurohit (@hey_anmol) from KDnuggets and our CTO Dale Russell discussed the challenges in building the TDSR (Talksum Data Stream Router), current trends in real-time analytics, advice for data science aspirants, and more. They even touched upon book recommendations! It turned out to be a fun and engaging discussion between them.
Instead of reiterating their conversation, here are the questions asked by Anmol:
- What were the biggest challenges that you had to overcome while building the Talksum Data Stream solution? Were there any interesting observations during the solution development that significantly impacted your solution design/architecture?
- What motivated you to switch your career from applied engineering and operations management to large-scale data management? How did you get involved with Talksum?
- Which of the current trends in real-time analytics are of the most interest to you? How do you see things changing in next few years?
- Based on your experience, what advice would you offer to people aspiring a long-term career in data science?
- On a personal note, are there any good books that you have been reading lately and would like to recommend?
Those thoughts made up the second segment of a 2-part interview, which stemmed from the Big Data Innovation Summit, Santa Clara, CA, where Talksum won the Big Data Start Up Award. In the first segment, Anmol and Dale discussed the award, as well as the TDSR and cross-domain networking using data stream. The following topics were covered:
- What factors played a major role in helping Talksum beat the competition in the race for the Big Data Start Up Award?
- What is the market need for “cross-domain networking with real-time data management using data streams? What inspired you to focus on this market need and fill it with an innovative solution?
- What would you consider as the top three features of the Talksum Data Stream Router? What is the next set of capabilities that you are working on?
Click here for more information about the Big Data Start Up Award.
Click here to view an infographic of the Talksum solution.